Can you get officially married in Greece?
U.S. citizens may marry in Greece in a civil ceremony, a religious ceremony, or both. You need not reside in Greece to marry in Greece, but the bureaucratic process to obtain a marriage certificate can take several weeks.
How long do you need to be in Greece to get married?
This waiting period will vary depending on the municipality where you choose to marry, but can take anywhere from a week to a few months. For a civil marriage license, you can expect a seven-day waiting period.
How can a foreigner get married in Greece?
Getting married in Greece for foreigners
- A passport.
- A birth certificate with an Apostille stamp certifying the copy.
- A Certificate of Marital Status, known as affidavit of marriage, with an Apostille stamp.
- An official document about changing your name, if any.
- An adoption certificates, if any.
How much does it cost to get married in Greece?
The average cost of a wedding in Greece is around $19,337 (€16,654). You’ll have to cough up just a hair under $20,00 for a wedding in Greece, according to the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners.
Where is the best place to get married in Greece?
The following locations are popular destinations for getting married in Greece:
- Santorini. Santorini is one of the most beautiful islands in the world and it would be a one-lifetime experience to enjoy with your loved ones! …
- Peloponnese. This area in Greece has a great history and rich mythology! …
- Sifnos. …
- Zante and Corfu.
How do I get a Greek passport through marriage?
Those who are married to a Greek citizen with at least one child and have resided in Greece for at least 3 years may apply for naturalization (reduced from the typically 10 year residence requirement). However, before 1984, a woman marrying a Greek citizenship acquired Greek citizenship automatically.
What is the easiest country to get married in?
Easiest countries to Get Married in Around the World
- Las Vegas. This is the easiest place in the world in which to get married, and is well known as the “Wedding Capital of the World”. …
- Gibraltar. …
- Caribbean. …
- Denmark. …
- New York. …
- Cyprus. …
Can a UK citizen get married in Greece?
In order to marry in Greece, you will need to acquire a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) from the UK. This is a legal document that states that it is legal for you and your partner to wed. … The marriage licence will take at the minimum 7 days to be issued, although it can take a few months.
How much does it cost to get married in Santorini?
Santorini Wedding cost. Average Wedding Cost. The average wedding cost in Santorini is 1200 euros. Couples, on average, spend between 800 euros and 6000 euros but, most couples spend less than 2000 euros.
How long do you have to be in Santorini before getting married?
We recommend that you arrive in Santorini 2 days before the scheduled wedding date, so you can acclimatise, relax, feel and look beautiful for your wedding day.
How do I register my marriage in Greece?
Greece – Register Marriage
- To register a marriage performed outside Greece, applicants will need to go to the nearest Greek Embassy. …
- Applicants will need to complete submit an application form and submit it together with all other required documents. …
- Pay the application fee.
Can you get married on a beach in Greece?
This unique option is available for couples who plan to have a religious wedding in Greece. However, a key point to note is that most beaches in Greece are public. This means that couples that decide to have a beach wedding must receive the proper permission from local authorities.