What documents do you need for a marriage license in Virginia?
To Obtain a Marriage License
- Both parties need to be present at the same time. …
- Both parties must have a valid, non-expired government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport, or DMV issued ID card.
- $30 fee payable by cash, check, money order or credit card.
What do you need to do to get married in Virginia?
In Virginia, you can apply at any county court clerk’s office and the license is valid anywhere in the state.
- You can apply for a marriage license either: …
- Both parties must be present when applying/picking up the license in-person.
- Both parties must have a government issued ID with them (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
Do you need birth certificate to get married?
All states require you and your fiancé(e) to present proof of identity. This can be any government-issued identification such as your birth certificate, driver’s license, social security number, or passport. … Proof of termination of any prior marriages may be required to apply for a new marriage license.
Can you get married without documentation?
Yes, now you have the option to marry without the bells and whistles of a big wedding ceremony. The wedding can be your choice of easy, simple and quick paperwork only marriage NSW ceremony, any day of the week or weekend, and any time.
How long does it take to get your marriage certificate in VA?
All marriage records, death records, divorce records, and non-automated birth records, please allow a delivery time of 8 to 10 weeks. Marriage and divorce records are available at the Circuit Court in which the event took place.
How long does it take to get marriage license in Virginia?
No documents needed to get your marriage license, just your driver’s license or photo ID. Getting your marriage license takes about twenty minutes after starting the application. The marriage and filing of the documents takes about five minutes. Printing out your certified copies takes about four minutes.
Can you get married in one day in Virginia?
Couples considering Virginia for their marriage will be pleased to know that there is no waiting period for getting married – you can have your wedding ceremony the same day you get your license. Virginia’s marriage license requirements are among the friendliest in the nation for engaged couples.
How much does it cost to get married in VA?
The Virginia Marriage License Fee is $30.00, but some counties charge slightly more (highest I found was $33), so bring a few extra dollars. The minimum age to get married in Virginia is 16.
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
How can I prove my marriage without a certificate?
Such indirect evidence would include personal letters and emails, phone records, residential records, travel records, joint family photographs, joint business records, and other proof that the couple shared the same household or resources.