What do you need to get married in Reno?
Marriage License Requirements:
- Driver’s License.
- Driver’s Instruction Permit.
- ID Card issued by U.S. state or territory.
- Foreign government issued ID Card, including Driver’s License (must include birth date)
- Matricula Consular Card.
- Military ID Card issued by branch of U.S. Armed Forces.
Can you get married without witnesses?
Is a wedding ceremony legally binding without witnesses? Quite simply, no. … In the same way some couples choose to have a small legally binding ceremony, followed by a huge wedding with a blessing, you could do it in reverse.
How do you get married at the courthouse in Reno?
To apply for a marriage license in Reno, Nevada, you can go to the Washoe County Marriage Bureau. The office is located in Reno at 75 Court Street. You and your fiancé(e) need to go there together in order to apply. The operating hours for the Marriage Bureau in Reno are 8:00 a.m. to midnight, 365 days a year.
How much does it cost to get married in Reno?
The marriage license fee is $60, which does not include a certified copy of the marriage certificate. A copy is available for an additional $15.00. The fee is payable by cash, cashiers check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard. Both parties must be present when applying for a license.
Can you just walk into a chapel in Vegas and get married?
Can you just walk into a chapel in Vegas and get married? Yes, many chapels in Las Vegas allow walk-ins, but they will also allow you to book in advance. … The Marriage License Bureau is open from 8 a.m. to midnight, 365 days per year and does not take appointments. Walk in at your convenience!
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
Can you have 3 witnesses at a wedding?
There are only two spaces for witness’s signatures on the wedding register. But if you’d like to have more than two witnesses, you may be allowed to have more than one signature on each line. … If you can’t have more than two official witnesses, you can certainly have more than two people as unofficial witnesses.
What states do not require witnesses to get married?
Witnesses to Marriages by State
- Alabama: No witnesses required.
- Alaska: Two witnesses needed.
- Arizona: Signed by couple, two witnesses, and the officiating minister in Arizona.
- Arkansas: No witnesses needed.
- California: Signature of one witness.
Where do I go to get married?
The easiest place to go for your marriage license is the county clerk’s office. “If all documentation is in order, you can plan to spend about an hour there,” says Hanes. You can even try to make an appointment beforehand so that you don’t have to wait too long.
How long does it take to get marriage license in NV?
Within 60 days of preregistering for a marriage license, the couple then needs to go to the Las Vegas Marriage License Bureau in person to pick up the license. Unless there is a line, the wait should take just a few minutes.