It’s perfectly acceptable to announce news of your engagement on social media for distant relatives, acquaintances, and long-lost friends, but a couple’s nearest and dearest should never read the news online. Your loved ones deserve to hear about your engagement face-to-face-or at least with a personal phone call.
What is the etiquette for engagement announcements?
Generally, the proper etiquette for engagement announcements is that they contain: The names of the bride’s parents. The names of the groom’s parents. The hometowns of both the bride and the groom.
How do you tell your mom you’re engaged?
Deciding how to tell your parents you’re engaged is a personal choice. Consider sharing the news over a nice dinner or through a creative engagement announcement. If you can’t see them in person, a video chat or phone call will suffice.
What should I Caption my engagement post?
Cute Engagement Captions
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
How much should one spend on an engagement ring?
General Rule: You should spend at least 2 months salary on the engagement ring. If, for example, you are making $60,000 per year, you should spend $10,000 on the engagement ring.
How do you say Happy engagement?
- “Here’s to your engagement! …
- “Cheers on your engagement!”
- “Here’s to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love.”
- “Cheers to the two of you…and to the love you share!”
- “May your engagement be happy. …
- “A toast to your engagement! …
- “Here’s to the wonderful two of you! …
- “Celebrating your engagement!