It’s perfectly acceptable to announce news of your engagement on social media for distant relatives, acquaintances, and long-lost friends, but a couple’s nearest and dearest should never read the news online. Your loved ones deserve to hear about your engagement face-to-face-or at least with a personal phone call.
What should I Caption my engagement post?
Cute Engagement Captions
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
How do I tell my friend I’m engaged?
How to Tell Family and Friends You’re Engaged, According to the…
- Enjoy the moment. …
- Tell the right people first. …
- Pick up the phone. …
- Let your new ring shine, but only if you want to.
How do you say Happy engagement?
- “Here’s to your engagement! …
- “Cheers on your engagement!”
- “Here’s to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love.”
- “Cheers to the two of you…and to the love you share!”
- “May your engagement be happy. …
- “A toast to your engagement! …
- “Here’s to the wonderful two of you! …
- “Celebrating your engagement!
What do you say to an engaged couple?
May your joining together bring you more joy than you can imagine. May your love for each other only strengthen as time goes by. May your love shine brighter and your companionship grow richer with each passing day. May you both be blessed with lifelong happiness.
Do parents give an engagement gift?
People close to the engaged couple, including the parents, often present a gift to express their best wishes. It’s acceptable for the parents of the soon-to-be bride or groom to give the couple a gift soon after learning of the engagement or during the eventual engagement party.
How long after engagement should you marry?
Couples who choose to marry in three to six months after their engagement usually do so because they have a short guest list, which makes it easier to put together a wedding on short notice.
How much money do you give for an engagement party?
The Gift Amount
Aim for the engagement party gift to be around one-quarter to one-third the cost of the wedding gift.