How do I get married in Greece?
Both civil and religious marriage ceremonies are legally recognized in Greece, and foreigners can choose to marry in either a civil or religious ceremony, or both. The legal minimum age for marriage in Greece is 18 years for both men and women, however it is possible for younger couples to marry with a court order.
How can a foreigner get married in Greece?
Getting married in Greece for foreigners
- A passport.
- A birth certificate with an Apostille stamp certifying the copy.
- A Certificate of Marital Status, known as affidavit of marriage, with an Apostille stamp.
- An official document about changing your name, if any.
- An adoption certificates, if any.
How long do you have to be in Greece before getting married?
For all the Greek Islands there is a minimum residency period of 7-9 days depending on the chosen Island – please ask as at the time of booking. >>
How much does it cost to get married in Greece?
The average cost of a wedding in Greece is around $19,337 (€16,654). You’ll have to cough up just a hair under $20,00 for a wedding in Greece, according to the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners.
Where is the best place to get married in Greece?
The Best Destination Wedding Venues in Greece
- Casa Playa Beach, Zakynthos. If you have ever dreamed of a beach wedding, then a wedding at Casa Playa Beach in Zakynthos is the perfect setting. …
- Agreco Farm, Crete. …
- Amaltheia, Varkiza. …
- Deda Estate, Thessaloniki. …
- Cameo Island, Zakynthos.
What is the easiest country to get married in?
Easiest countries to Get Married in Around the World
- Las Vegas. This is the easiest place in the world in which to get married, and is well known as the “Wedding Capital of the World”. …
- Gibraltar. …
- Caribbean. …
- Denmark. …
- New York. …
- Cyprus. …
Can you get Greek citizenship by marriage?
CITIZENSHIP BY Marriage
Those who are married to a Greek citizen with at least one child and have resided in Greece for at least 3 years may apply for naturalization (reduced from the typically 10 year residence requirement).
How do I register my marriage in Greece?
Greece – Register Marriage
- To register a marriage performed outside Greece, applicants will need to go to the nearest Greek Embassy. …
- Applicants will need to complete submit an application form and submit it together with all other required documents. …
- Pay the application fee.
How much does it cost to elope in Greece?
This entire process costs an average of 307 euros, or 363 USD.
Is it legal to get married in Santorini?
Is our civil marriage in Santorini legal worldwide? Yes, the marriage certificate is a legal document issued by the Greek Government and accepted internationally. You will use the certificate to register your marriage back home when you have received it.
How much does it cost to get married in Santorini?
Santorini Wedding cost. Average Wedding Cost. The average wedding cost in Santorini is 1200 euros. Couples, on average, spend between 800 euros and 6000 euros but, most couples spend less than 2000 euros.
Can a UK citizen get married in Greece?
In order to marry in Greece, you will need to acquire a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) from the UK. This is a legal document that states that it is legal for you and your partner to wed. … The marriage licence will take at the minimum 7 days to be issued, although it can take a few months.