Do I need an appointment to get my marriage license?
Appointments are required.
Schedule an appointment for your license and/or ceremony prior to submitting the Marriage License Online Application. … OR fill out the Marriage License Printable Application and bring it to your appointment.
How do you get married at the courthouse in California?
Apply for a Marriage License
- Choose your married name, if you plan to change your name.
- Apply for a marriage license from the Santa Clara County Clerk-Recorder’s Office.
- Give the marriage license to the person who will perform your marriage ceremony.
- Return the signed license to the Clerk-Recorder’s Office.
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
Can I get a marriage license online?
You can begin the application process to receive a Marriage License online via “City Clerk Online”. This will speed up the process which then must be completed in person at the Office of the City Clerk. … You must wait a full 24 hours before your Marriage Ceremony can be performed unless you obtain a Judicial Waiver.
How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in California?
California marriage license fee is $35 – $105. Legal age to marry is 18. No waiting period, blood test or residency requirements.
How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in Bakersfield?
If you are 17 years of age or younger, you must call the Kern County Family Court Services at (661) 868-5393 before you can purchase a marriage license.
Marriage License Information.
|PUBLIC LICENSE||CONFIDENTIAL LICENSE|
|Current fee is $101||Current fee is $123|
Do you need a witness to get married in California?
Effective 1/01/15 – The couple may be married in any county in California. No witnesses are required to be at the ceremony, AND no witnesses sign on the marriage license. The marriage license is a confidential record and is registered at the County Clerk’s Office in the county where it was purchased.
What needs to be done after getting married?
What do I need to update after getting married?
- Your Social Security card. If you’ve changed your name, this should be your first stop. …
- Your driver’s license. …
- Your credit union/bank account information. …
- Your payroll information. …
- Your life insurance and retirement accounts. …
- Your insurance policies. …
- Your creditors.