How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in Oregon?
The fee for an Oregon Marriage license is $50 to $60 in cash or certified funds only; the amount and form of payment accepted varies by county.
Can you get married same day in Oregon?
Licenses are issued the same day. Bring a copy of photo identification for both parties (driver’s license, state id card, passport, etc.). The name on the application should match the identification provided. Bring a $60 cashier’s check or money order made out to Multnomah County Marriage Licenses.
What are the requirements to get married in Oregon?
Marriage Law Requirements for Oregon Marriage Licenses:
- Marriage licenses are issued by Oregon’s counties. …
- Minimum Age: The legal age for marriage in Oregon is 18.
- Marriage License Fee: $60.
- Waiting Period: 3 Days.
- License Validity: 60 Days.
- Blood Test: Not Required.
- Residency: Not Required.
How do you get married at the courthouse in Oregon?
How to Get a Marriage License
- Fill out the online application. …
- Schedule an appointment. …
- Visit the Recorder’s Office. …
- Pay the nonrefundable fee. …
- Recorder’s Office will issue you a physical marriage license. …
- Provide the marriage license to your officiant. …
- Request a certified copy.
Can you get married without an officiant?
You cannot get married without a wedding officiant. Judges, Ministers and other people who legally sign marriage licenses are acting as a wedding officiant when they marry you.
How do you have a classy courthouse wedding?
30 Ways to Plan a Courthouse Wedding
- Send out invitations. …
- Think about your desired style. …
- Spring for some good flowers. …
- Get a good photographer. …
- Have an awesome reception. …
- Don’t forget to ask for help. …
- Say a prayer. …
- Mind the details.
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
Do you have to be ordained to marry someone in Oregon?
To be considered a valid ordination, the State of Oregon requires your ordaining organization to be active (i.e. conducting business or holding services). If the organization has closed, you must get another ordination before officiating at weddings.
Can I get a marriage license online?
You can begin the application process to receive a Marriage License online via “City Clerk Online”. This will speed up the process which then must be completed in person at the Office of the City Clerk. … You must wait a full 24 hours before your Marriage Ceremony can be performed unless you obtain a Judicial Waiver.