What does engaging in mean?
1 : to do (something) At college she engaged in various sports. We don’t engage in that sort of behavior. 2 : to cause (someone) to take part in (something) She engaged him in conversation.
What does it mean to be an engaging person?
adjective. An engaging person or thing is pleasant, interesting, and entertaining.
How do you describe someone engaging?
An engaging person or thing is pleasant, interesting, and entertaining. … one of her most engaging and least known novels.
What is an example of engaging?
That engages the attention; engrossing, interesting; enthralling. I found the first of the Harry Potter books a very engaging read. The definition of engaging is something interesting or fascinating. When someone becomes involved in a vigorous and interesting debate, this is an example of an engaging debate.
How do you use the word engaging?
attracting or delighting.
- Judges had been engaging in sexual orgies.
- It’s an engaging manner that easily deceives.
- The cogwheels are not engaging.
- His engaging personality made him popular with his peers.
- We’re engaging the services of a professional administrator.
- They are engaging in an embryo research.
What does it mean to engage in a conversation?
engage someone in conversationto start having a conversation with someone. Synonyms and related words. To have a conversation with someone. talk. chat.
Why is being engaged important?
The most important reason a couple gets engaged has traditionally been to prepare for marriage. … For many couples, married life will be the first time they permanently live away from their parents’ home. The engagement period gives a couple time to save money and prepare for the wedding and their new life together.
How can I improve my engaging personality?
How to Develop an Engaging Personality
- Listen to what others have to say. …
- Form opinions on everything. …
- Look for the humor in every situation. …
- Accept and love yourself and others. …
- Visualize yourself being the fascinating person you want to be.
What does fully engaged mean?
What does my ‘baby’s head is engaged’ mean? If your midwife tells you your baby’s head is engaged it simply means your baby is in the correct position for birth, which is that their head has moved down to sit in the pelvis.
What are two synonyms for engaging?
synonyms for engaging
What is the best synonym for engaging?
- Synonyms for engage. absorb, bemuse, busy, catch up, engross, enthrall. (or enthral), enwrap, fascinate, grip, …
- Words Related to engage. allure, attract, beguile, bewitch, captivate, charm, enchant, obsess. hypnotize, …
- Phrases Synonymous with engage. catch one’s eye.
- Near Antonyms for engage. bore, jade, pall, tire, weary.