Can you get married at the courthouse in Alabama?
Alabama is one of the few states that doesn’t require you to appear in person at a courthouse or government building to get your marriage certificate. Instead, you simply download this form, get it notarized, and mail it to a probate court in Alabama.
How much does a courthouse marriage cost in Alabama?
In Alabama, it costs $40-$80 to get a marriage license.
In the state of Alabama, you can receive a marriage license from any county, regardless of where you live or are getting married (within the state). The cost of the license ranges but starts at $43.35, according to AL.com.
What documents do you need to get married in Alabama?
Marriage ID Requirement Alabama: ✔ Get Copy Of Birth Certificate
- A valid driver’s license.
- Non-Driver’s license.
- A copy of your birth certificate certified by the State or County.
- A military identification.
- A certified school record.
- If you have been divorced, please be prepared to tell us when.
How do you get married at a local courthouse?
Courthouse wedding checklist
- Do your research. …
- Gather the required documents. …
- Apply for a marriage license. …
- Set a courthouse ceremony date. …
- Secure a court-approved officiant. …
- Get a witness (if necessary). …
- Invite your family and friends. …
- Think about post-ceremony celebrations.
Can you marry your sister in Alabama?
Alabama Marriage Requirements
You cannot marry children, siblings, parents, uncles, aunts, grandchildren, grandparents or great grandparents of any relation. You can marry first cousins without restriction, however.
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
Can I get a marriage license online?
You can begin the application process to receive a Marriage License online via “City Clerk Online”. This will speed up the process which then must be completed in person at the Office of the City Clerk. … You must wait a full 24 hours before your Marriage Ceremony can be performed unless you obtain a Judicial Waiver.
How many times can you get married in the state of Alabama?
According to the law, there is no limit on the number of times a person can get married, as long as the person is only married to one person at a time. You will have to dissolve your recent marriage either through a divorce or one caused by death to get into a new marriage.
Do you have to get a marriage license in Alabama?
Starting Aug. 29, Alabama will no longer issue traditional marriage licenses. … “The new law eliminates the need for a license to be obtained in advance and a ceremony is no longer required, although couple may certainly have a ceremony if they wish,” Madison County Probate Judge Frank Barger said.