How much does it cost to get married at the justice of the peace in Texas?
$100 – business hours at courthouse (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) $120 – business hours at other location (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) $140 – afterhours during the week Monday-Friday (after 4:00 p.m.)
How do I get married at the courthouse in Texas?
How to Get Married in Texas
- Bring your fiancé. Both members of the wedding party must be present when filing the application.
- Bring Identification. …
- Bring Money. …
- Bring Patience: There is a 72 hour mandatory waiting period on all marriage licenses.
How long does it take to get married at the courthouse in Texas?
The processing of a marriage license in Texas is a fairly speedy process, but you must follow the rule of the 72-hour waiting period.
Can you get your marriage license and get married the same day in Texas?
3. Can I get married on the same day I purchase my marriage license? Texas law requires that the marriage ceremony may not be performed during the 72 hours immediately after the marriage license was issued; however, there are certain exceptions to the 72-hour waiting period.
Do you need witnesses to get married in Texas?
Texas: Witnesses are not required by Texas law. Utah: Two (2) witnesses over 18 must also be present at the wedding ceremony.
How can I get married in Texas without a ceremony?
A proxy marriage is when the marriage is performed despite one party, or both parties of the marriage, are not physically available at the ceremony. There are several reasons why a proxy marriage or wedding may occur.
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
How can I get married for cheap?
If you’re looking to save money, consider these affordable wedding venues.
- The courthouse. The courthouse has long been a go-to choice for affordable ceremonies — and for a good reason. …
- At home. …
- An Airbnb or hotel rental. …
- Parks and beaches. …
- In the street. …
- Libraries and museums. …
- Aquariums and zoos. …
- Cafes, restaurants and bars.
Why do you have to wait 72 hours to get married in Texas?
Texas has a mandatory 72 hour waiting period for after you file your application. This means that you must apply for the license more than three days before your wedding in order for your marriage to be legally valid. … After those 30 days, the license expires and can no longer be used to legalize your marriage.
How many times can you get married in Texas?
No marriage limit in Texas restricts how many times you can marry, only how many people you can be married to at any given time. Like other states, it is illegal to have more than one spouse.