Do you congratulate a woman on her engagement?
“Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal. To avoid controversy, many people just extend their best wishes to the bride and the groom!”
How do you wish your best friend for an engagement?
Engagement Wishes to a Friend
- May you bring each other as much happiness as your friendship has brought to my life—and more!
- Congratulations to a wonderful friend on his/her new fiance.
- So happy for the both of you. …
- Of all the big life events we’ve celebrated together, this one tops the list.
What can I say instead of congratulations?
In this page you can discover 28 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for congratulations, like: felicitations, kudos, good work, congrats, way-to-go, good-for-you, compliments, best wishes, nice going, many-happy-returns and hear; bless you.
How do you greet an engaged couple?
May your joining together bring you more joy than you can imagine. May your love for each other only strengthen as time goes by. May your love shine brighter and your companionship grow richer with each passing day. May you both be blessed with lifelong happiness.
How do you say congratulations?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations to you.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.”
- “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So pleased to see you accomplishing great things.”
How do you congratulate someone?
Formal Exclamations to Congratulate Someone in English
- Congratulations! You deserve this success.
- Congratulations on your hard work.
- My sincere/heartfelt/warmest congratulations to you.
- I commend you on your accomplishments/success.
- Well done!
- That’s wonderful news.
How do you wish a newly married couple?
Formal Wedding Wishes
- “Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.”
- “Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.”
- “Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.”
- “May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.”
While it’s tempting to share the big news with your entire social network, resist the urge to post within the first few hours, or even the first day that you get engaged. Good engagement etiquette dictates that you make sure that you’ve contacted all your close family members and friends personally before posting.
How do you say I’m engaged?
“Engaged” “I can’t keep calm… I’m getting married!” “Bride to be”
Other caption ideas include saying:
- “My latest and greatest accessory”
- “Oh hello!”
- “I spy a sparkly diamond”
- “He put a ring on it!”
- “[Insert engagement date]”