Can tourists get married in Cyprus?
Foreigners are allowed to get married in Cyprus, provided that they have made several steps for the marriage application. According to the Marriage Law, Cap. … The marriage can take place in minimum 15 days and maximum three months after the application is completed.
How much does it cost to get married in Cyprus?
Your marriage license will be issued in English and it will be accepted in your home country. A standard civil wedding license costs around 128 euros, an urgency civil wedding license will cost you 281 euros and you have to pay the fee to the town hall. Outside the town hall the fees are between 400 and 632 euros.
How do I get a civil marriage in Cyprus?
Civil wedding between Cypriots – Required documents
- Affidavit at a Registrar of the District Court.
- Statement from the Ministry of Interior (MIGRATION)
- Divorce Certificate (if applicable)
- Death Certificate of Spouse (if applicable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- ID Card.
Is it easy to get married in Cyprus?
Getting married in Cyprus is fairly easy and civil ceremony marriages consummated here are recognised internationally and are legally binding. If you would like to have an Anglican church wedding, you will need to contact the Registered Minister of the Church and discuss additional arrangements with them.
How can a foreigner get married in Cyprus?
While there are no specific residency requirements for foreign nationals wishing to marry in Cyprus, there is typically a fifteen-day waiting period. It is possible to avoid this delay by applying to the Minister of the Interior for a special marriage license allowing the marriage to take place in three days.
Where is the best place to get married in Cyprus?
The most popular locations for a Cyprus wedding include Paphos and Ayia Napa. The latter is renowned for its nightlife scene, so is perfect for those looking to take the wedding celebrations into the early hours.
What documents do I need to marry in Cyprus?
What do you need to get married in Cyprus?
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- A photocopy (or two just to be safe) of the photo page of your and your fiance’s passport.
- A photocopy (or two) of the photo page of each of your two witnesses.
- Your birth certificate.
Can you marry your cousin in Cyprus?
The church prohibits marriage between second cousins or more closely related blood kin, and tradition prohibits marriage Between individuals sharing in a koumbari relationship, as mentioned earlier.
Where is the easiest place to get married abroad?
Easiest countries to Get Married in Around the World
- Las Vegas. This is the easiest place in the world in which to get married, and is well known as the “Wedding Capital of the World”. …
- Gibraltar. …
- Caribbean. …
- Denmark. …
- New York. …
- Cyprus. …